Friday, February 6, 2015

DESIGN OF THE DAY......Patti Fisher

Today we want to share some amazing works by 
Design Team Member 
Patti Fisher


Friends Card:

_Print onto white cardstock image of ladies from_Coquette _Digital Stamp Set
Colour with watercolour pencil crayons
Tear edges
Apply Ranger Distress inks (Weathered Wood and Victorian Rose) to image and edges
Layer pink glitter paper (Michaels), pastel paper by Webster's Pages,
and coloured image to kraft paper card base
Embellish with bits of ribbon, Stickles glitter, butterfly and washi tape (unknown)





All You Need is Love Card

Place text stamp from _French Connections_ Digital Stamp set on white cardstock
Set blending mode to "multiply"
Place stamp of woman from _French Connections_ Digital Stamp over text.
Set blending mode to "multiply"
Apply photo mask by Amanda Sok to image
Place on blue paper from _Coquette _Papers Paper Set
Apply photo mask by Amanda Sok to image
Place on top of beige cardstock
Apply photo mask by Paula Wright
Place border from _Beautiful Borders _Collage Sheet over top.
Erase section to show image
Place image on paper from _Love Potion #9 _Paper Set
Apply template by Paula Wright
Place on paper from _Coquette _Papers Paper Set
Add word art from _Coquette Icons _Set
Apply Bevel
Place on top of paper from _Parisian Dreams_ Paper Set
Apply bevel
Add border overlay and flowers by Tracy Martins Designs.
Add leaves by Manuela Zimmerman
Add texture by Bonnie Zeiman, erase and change blending mode to "overlay"
Merge layers




Paris Beauty Digital Card

Crop _Garden Birds_ Collage sheet.
Duplicate layer and extract butterfly.
Extract woman from _Pretty Victorians_ Collage Sheet
Apply Photo Mask (Amanda Sok) to paper
Place woman on top pf _Garden Birds_ Paper
Place on paper from _Coquette Paper_ Collection
Apply bevel.
Crop tag from _Vintage Tag_ Digital Collage Collection
Add bird stamp from _French Connections_ Stamp Set
Change blending mode to "multiply"
Place tag at bottom right of piece.
Apply drop shadow.
Duplicate tag and place at top, in front of background paper.
Place butterflies on top.
Apply Drop; Shadow.
Merge Layers.


We asked Patti To Tell Us
WHAT PRODUCTS DO YOU LOVE TO USE TO WORK WITH AND IN A FEW WORDS HOW WOULD YOU SUM UP YOUR STYLE?

My favorite products to work with are photo masks and my favorite photo masks are by Amanda Frijo-Tobin.  (previous maiden name Amanda Sok).  I think every single digital piece I do involved a photo mask.  Even "real paper" projects I do often have a photo mask integrated in them somehow.  I always wondered how digital artists got the effect they did until one day I did a search online and found a tutorial on how easy it is to use them. I was hooked!  My collection of them seems endless!

My style is the opposite of minimal, would that be maximal?  lol Maybe "busy" is a better word. There is a lot going on in all of my projects and lots of layers and embellishments, and rich colours and textures.  I am not big on self-restraint.  I also like to incorporate an element of humour and the unexpected when I can.
Whatever my style is, I want to convey a sense of joy and abundance Always.

5 comments:

  1. Three gorgeous projects Patti. I love the two digitals and the "real paper" card is phenomenal! Always enjoy the colorful complexity of your work.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous, Patti! I envy your digi skills and don't even know what a photo mask is. LOL Gorgeous results, though and your "real paper" card is phenomenal. xxD

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, how I love your digital artwork!!! Three beautiful projects!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful! I admire your digital skills & technique! Something I would love to learn!

    ReplyDelete
  5. these are all so classic and gorgeous! xo

    ReplyDelete