Saturday, February 7, 2015

DESIGN OF THE DAY........Joan Liddle

Today we would like to share with you the magical designs of
Design Team Member
Joan Liddle





Remember Card
Gecko Galz supplies used:
Butterfly image (from Butterfly Wings #2), Brussels paper (from Great Adventure papers), lady image (from Pretty Victorians #2), Post Card image
My stash: "remember" metal sign (making memories), chipboard hearts (Heidi Swapp), white heart doily, pink doilies, Lucky 8 Doily Punch (We R Memory Keepers), Martha Stewart acrylic craft paint, flourish stamp (Heartfelt Creations), Picked Raspberry ink (Tim Holtz)

Directions:
I painted the journal page with a light green paint and then sponged white over the top.  Next, I stamped the flourishes with  Picked Raspberry ink and added the chipboard hearts. I printed the Gecko Galz Brussels paper and punched the blue doily.  The lady image was sized in Photoshop to 3.25" x 5.25", fussy cut and edges inked. She was layered over the doilies and the post card image.  The butterfly was fussy cut from the Butterfly Wings paper, edges inked and applied to the page over a small Gecko Galz piece of paper from my stash. 

Here is some more amazing designs by Joan


Perfectly lovely Tag


To get to know Joan we asked her the following questions

BESIDES GECKO GALZ PRODUCTS WHAT DO YOU LIKE TO UES?
My favorite products to use with Gecko Galz images are inks, stamps and doilies.  I love the vintage Gecko images - using doilies and flourishes with them add a romantic feel.


CAN YOU TELL US WHAT YOUR STYLE IS?
My style varies, depending on the project I am doing. I love to use bright colors, but I also love pastels and even throw in some metallics now and then! Images and colors really influence my artwork.


3 comments:

  1. Beautiful work Joan. Love both projects. Love all the layers and dimension you have achieved with your doilies and diecuts!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the layering you done on both cards! Nice work! Hugs,Tee

    ReplyDelete